2.23.2011

meet zachary

this is my ruggedly, handsome, goofy, manly husband. today i miss him. he started working the 2nd shift at his amazing new job february 14th and it has taken some getting used to.
we have been married since January 17th, 2009 and spent most of that time around each other all the time because our jobs (or lack there of) permitted it.
he makes me laugh, even when i don't want to, he makes me think twice about making sporadic crazy decisions, he keeps me grounded but lets me dream, and he makes sure i relax.
we are not the perfect couple but we are learning to grow everyday. we try our best to choose to love, choose to speak up when we are mad, choose each other over ourselves, and choose to include each other in our lives. we don't always succeed but we are learning that marriage is a journey that never ends or gets easier, but the more work we put into it the result is always sweeter.

i love love me some zachary

free extra info: i recently started reading today's letters and got a great idea to help zachary and i to "creatively communicate" around our different work schedules. We have created a  "traveling journal" it's been fun! zachary is not much of a writer but his letters to me our hilarious, and it means the world to me that he tries.

sorry for the late post, i wrote this last night and meant to post this morning, but i got busy at work and forgot to hit the publish post button. oops.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys and wish I could see you two more often! I know you would be some great marriage mentors :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete